Monday, October 6, 2014

Smart Weigh Digital Pro Pocket Scale Review

I have been fortunate enough to be sent a  Smart Weigh Digital Pro Pocket Scale to evaluate and review, and I Love The Digital Pro Pocket Scale it's my favorite scale. It's very compact and is certainly portable. In fact it comes with plastic protectors for the top and bottom of the scale so you could slip it into a pocket or purse if you need to take the scale with you. I use it for weighing everything, you can use it in the kitchen,  the workroom, or any place you need a small scale. The Smart Weigh Digital Pro Pocket Scale is very easy to use. It has a back  light so you   can easily see the numbers. The clear casings protect the scale from scratches and at the same time can double up as a container for smaller, harder to weigh items. The TARE function is a big plus for me because it zeroes out the weight of the container. I wish my digital bathroom scale has a TARE function too. :) but who wouldn't want that lol I have to say by far this is the best pocket scale I have tried and I highly recommend it to everyone it makes a great gift as well 

I have not tried the PCS function yet but from what I read in the instructions, here's what I understood. Suppose you want to get 100 pcs. of beads for a project. Time consuming right? With the Smart Weigh, you can TARE the weight of the container, put 10 pcs. (or how many pcs you like) of the beads on the container, press the PCS button then enter the number of beads you placed. Now, add more beads and the Smart Weigh will count the number of beads you place. No more counting until a 100! :)

The Smart Weigh is very sensitive because it can weigh even an empty envelope. I love that because I don't have to guess how much my letter weighs and I won't have to deal with returned letters due to insufficient postage. :) This is a very useful tool for me and can't even imagine why I haven't thought of getting a pocket scale before.

Its weighing modes are:

oz/ounces: Standard measure here in the US.
g/grams: Metric unit
ct/carats: Used to weigh gemstones and pearls
dwt/pennyweights: Also mostly used to weigh precious metals for dental applications.
ozt/troy ounces: Unit used for weighing precious metals or gemstones
gn/grains: There aren't many current uses for grains -- mostly pharmaceutical or dental.

As with all good scales, the Digital Pro has a Tare function so that you can weigh objects in containers. What I truly love about it is the Hold function. When you're weighing mail, it's frequently difficult to see the weight under the package. A quick press of the Hold button and you can take your item off the scale and still see its weight.

The PCS function sent me off to Google because I'd never encountered it before, but now that I know what it is -- a way to get an accurate count of small items -- I can see it coming in handy in a number of different scenarios. Have a lot of change? Put 10, 20, 30, or 40 of one kind of coin, say pennies, on the scale, press PCS, and tell the scale how many there are. Then, when you put a handful of pennies on the scale, it won't just weigh it, it'll tell you how many there are. You can do this with beads, nails, anything that is small and tedious to count. Very nice addition to a scale that's got a lot of nice functions.

Smart Weigh does scales very well, and they do them economically. You could pay far more for a scale like this, but why should you? This is a good deal.  if you would like to buy this product you can do so here http://www.amazon.com/smart-weigh-digital-back-lit-function/dp/b00me8vi34

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment